Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rotary Weekends

Rotary weekends are awesome, and my groups rocks.  We went to Chillan for the weekend and stayed near the thermal pools, though we didn't get to go to one because they were to expensive, and the skiing areas.  We had two houses, one for the girls and one for the boys.  We spent most of the time in the girls because it had a deck that looked out on to a beautiful stream and woods.  Even the woods here seem more beautiful, dead gnarled trees with great bunches of moss hanging off, bamboo everywhere, white weathered wood in the stream, it couldn't be much prettier.  At one point, the three other Americans and I went on a short hike through the woods and found a bridge made out of a log that had fallen across the stream and climbed part way up the mountain that was close by.  Just amazing.

Throughout the weekend we cooked Chilean food, ate Chilean food, took a Spanish test, had a talent show, and a few other things.  For my talent, my friend, Donner, and I did a skit that I stole from two of my friends back in the US.  During a OMD YAC Conference two girls, known as the Katies, did a skit to Peanut Butter Jelly Time.  One Katie stood behind the other with her arms underneath the other's arms and made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and fed them to the other Katie, all very messily.  So, with no real talents, I stole an idea for a talent to perform with another talentless friend.  It turned out well and people enjoyed it. 

My Spanish test went really well and I got told that mine was one of the best.  That was just a big relief being here knowing that my Spanish is on the right track and I'm doing well.  All in all, the weekend was a plus and a much needed break from my everyday life of being an exchange student.  And as always, leaving the exchange students was hard.  But, I know I'll see them soon enough.

Before the weekend I had a track me, my first since 8th grade, granted it was only running.  It took 7 hours and I ran twice, one for my school and once for another school that didn't have enough people.  I got a 2nd and a 3rd, and both races were relays.  And each time only 5 teams ran, so nothing spectacular.  But it was fun and I got to talk a lot the whole day, which was really good for me, I need to talk to more people. 

I'm still not doing as much as I should for the SAT's and college applications, this blog is yet more procrastinating.  And that tells you how much I don't want to do it, I'm writing a blog.  I wish I was more like my brother and I had the ability to sit down and get stuff done more often.  When I do sit down it happens, but it's the sitting down and starting that is the problem.  I have to get it done though, so it will happen.

Today my class had a nationwide English test that none of the exchange students had to take.  So we all sat in the cafeteria all day and talked.  And then we missed a class or two on accident.  Definantly a good day of school in my books.

Not much else going on as usual, I got some recipies from my parents and I hope I can cook for my family again.  The gym as usual, and maybe I'm going to make a special Chilean cookie with my friend on Thursday.  And I almost forgot one of the reasons I wanted to write this blog, music once again.  A lot of the time we listen to music when we eat, and sometimes some not so appropriate songs come on.  And I can't help but laugh, normally I can contol it, at lyics along the lines of "I'm gonna lay you...and something sexual."  Or rap songs rapping about getting money and something degrading to women.  And the whole time I am the only one who realizes what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment