Monday, September 6, 2010

Sick

I stayed home from school today, sick.  Just a bad cough, plus I didn't really want to go to school.  It worked out well, except that I feel horrible.  I tried the workout for the actors from 300 and it included 50 deadlifts, which are lower back excercises, and they eneded up hurting my back.  It has been 3 days since I did the workout and I still can't standup or bend over without pain, although it is getting better.  Plus I played rugby, lucky no tackling, which was a good workout and a lot of fun.  Hopefully I will get to keep going, I was told to come back and learn to tackle and then play next week ina tournement.

Today though I have not done much, I watched a bunch of movies, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Momento, and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.  All really good movies, although Momento was extremely hard to follow and I was sort of confused.  A warm shower, good lunch, and lots of nose blowing.  Not much else that I can do today seeing as I am sick, I just read some from Ender's Game and will probably read more even though I want the book to last for a while.

Not to much happened the past few days though, it's been pretty low key.  A small party of Friday with a couple of friends from class, a bigger one the next night for a friend's friend who turned 15.  There were a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds, so I felt pretty out of place.  On Saturday I walked the town with Kathy, it's really interesting and there is a lot to see and do.  And having someone to walk it with made it that much better.  On Sunday, yesterday, I played rugby, went out for lunch, and then hung out with Alex at the mall and ended up seeing Predators.  All the movies in the theatres are in English with Spanish subtitles, it's really nice actually being able to go and see the movie and understand it, plus get to learn some Spanish at the same time.  I feel bad for the Chileans though, it's obviously not the same cinematic experience.

Well, hopefully I'll be up and at em tomorrow.  It's pretty boring sitting around here, and I'm angry I'm not out learning Spanish.  But even when I am out, I have realized, I am not learning as much Spanish as I probably should, to many people speak English and find it easier for them to speak to me in English that I to them in Spanish.  I hope it starts to turn the other way pretty soon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment