Saturday, August 28, 2010

To Much Thinking

I have been having problems sleeping since I have gotten here and its all starting to catch up with me.  Translating constantly in my head, constant movement, they gym, not eating as much as I should, and so much more are taking a toll.  No matter where I am sleeping is hard. It takes me a long time to fall asleep and I wake up at least twice a night.  Hopefully it gets better soon because I need a good rest to function and start learning faster.

Past that though, it is still great.  I've had still more busy days.  I went to school and loved it.  The people were all amazing.  All my classmates speak English pretty well, so it was easy to communicate with people and make friends.  The classes are boring because I have no idea whats going on, but the ten minutes in between each class are good, and the end of the day when we have some time to play soccer and do whatever.

After school I went and had a burger at McDonalds with two classmates.  Not much to say about it, it's McDonalds, the same thing as the US.

I got to go to my first party too.  It was a ton of fun, just at a friend's house.  It started slow, I was the first one there, just hanging out with him.  The other exchange students in my city came which was good for all of us.  The party started getting packed and soon we were all dancing and having fun.  The people at the party were from my school, but not in my class, so I had not met them before.  Really quickly though we all got to know eachother really quickly.  They were all really friendly and I think I did a pretty good job too.  By the end of the night they had convinced me to switch classes, I want to go to a party with my classmates before I actually do though.  There was supposed to be one tonight, the day after, but it got cancelled because the father at the house it was at got sick. 

Now, take the funniest person you know, and multiply him by ten, and I got to hang out with him.  He referred to me as better than Jesus and the rest of the party was calling me a god.  To much fun.  I couldn't believe how welcoming and open everyone was, but they were and it was great.  I can't wait for another. 

Today I went and saw my brother's soccer game.  They won 5 to 2.  The kids on the team are all around 13 and were pulling moves and playing like they were 16 or 17.  It was crazy to watch.  Both teams would have ripped apart any team their age in the US.  Anyways, my host dad seems to be loved by everyone.  All the adults who were their talked to him and a few told me how lucky I was to have such a great host dad.  He picked me up from the party at 2 so he must be awesome.  I can't wait till I can actually talk to him. 

After the game we went offroading a little bit, my dad just showed me the grounds of my schools fields and what not that are 15 minutes from the actually classrooms.  The he took me to the supermarket to get food for lunch.  We ate, I did some computer stuff, and then my dad gave me a bunch of party music to put on my computer and listen to.  The first cd I put in came up as a video and started playing reggatone dance music with girls in bathing suits grinding on guys on a beach.  It was kind of weird, but pretty cool that my dad gave it to me, and even cooler that he had it, with his collection of music.

After that excitement I went to my friend Kathy's house, I wish I had pictures.  It is in the nicest neighborhood in the city and the house was amazing.  Wood railings, tile floors, the whole shabang.  Her father is a game hunter and had boar heads and whatnot covering the walls.  Kathy and I hung out for a while, I showed her That 70's Show, watched soem friends, talked, and then the father came out and asked us if we wanted to shoot some guns, just small pellet guns.  Maybe later some bigger ones.  It was lot of fun and pretty cool.  Turns out I'm pretty good with a hand gun. 

Their family took me to their grandma's house were we ate a small dinner.  Their dogs, German Sheppards, hated me.  I petted one for a second over the fence and then it went nuts, almost bit me.  I got my hand out in time.  I think I'm more of a cat person.  They showed me their pool where I can go swimming this summer, and its really nice, I'm pumped.  The grandma's house was even nicer than Kathy's parents, it's crazy the difference in lifestyles here, just from middle to upper class.

Now I am home and I forgot to talk to my friend about going to another party, some big motocross thing.  Oh well, I had enough action for the week.  I need some rest. 

Seth: I understand why all your blogs from France were so long, there is so much going on and I want to remember it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment